Fall armyworm research for development: Status and priorities for Africa
The international conference on “Fall armyworm research for development: Status and priorities for Africa” will take place on October 29-31, 2018, at the African Union Commission (AUC) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Scientists, experts and policymakers will be meeting to share knowledge and discuss specific action in the fight against fall armyworm.
The program includes:
- Fall armyworm management: Need for concerted, coordinated and accelerated R4D actions for an integrated pest management approach
- Experiences and lessons so far, from within and outside Africa
- Fall armyworm biology, monitoring, surveillance and scouting
- Available tools: Host plant resistance; Biological control; Cultural control and agro-ecological management; Environmentally safe pesticides and pesticide risk management
- Socioeconomic contexts and impact assessments
- How to shape integrated pest management plans
- Integrated pest management packages relevant for African agro-ecologies and cropping system landscapes
- Policy engagement for accelerated response on FAW management in Africa
This conference will also host a meeting of the Fall Armyworm R4D International Consortium.
A sumary of the conference is available here.