The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Regional Platforms Manager to join “Increasing the productivity of wheat and wheat based systems in Iran”, Iran-CIMMYT project. The successful applicant will oversee scientific approach, coordinate and monitor research conducted in the network of collaborative research platforms in Iran, with a focus to Conservation Agriculture for Sustainable Intensification (CASI) based agronomic practices. Disseminate best practices to establish research networks with National Agriculture Research and Extension Systems (NARES) and International collaborators. The Selected candidate works at CIMMYT-Iran and report to the project regional systems agronomist and project leader.
The position will be based at CIMMYT-Iran office in Karaj with frequent visits to target locations in Iran.
- Develop and coordinate a network of research platforms with NARES and International collaborators in Iran to address research gaps and identify CASI technologies for extension services.
- Disseminate research platform results within the research network and to extension workers, farmers, policy makers and other actors in the value chain.
- Coordinate platform coordinators in different regions of Iran to execute and implement planned project activities.
- Capacity building for scientists working on research for development projects to improve research quality (experimental design, planning and executing research), dissemination and publication of results and the extent to which research addresses farmers’ needs.
- Coordinate with and assist CIMMYT scientists to organize efforts in Iran and globally and design, develop strategies, and plans for funding efforts for future projects in Iran.
- Document and evaluate the Conservation Agriculture for Sustainable Intensification strategy used in CIMMYT-Globally (Mexico, South Asia and Africa) and lessons learned to make recommendations to improve and expand the strategy to other regions.
- Assist and coordinate the designing, planning and executing of new strategic research on Conservation Agricultural for Sustainable Intensification based management practices in farming systems perspectives.
- Assure proper archiving and back-up of hard and soft copies of all datasets in consistent formats.
- Execute preliminary analyses of data (exploratory graphing, transformation of data to adhere to assumptions of normality, analysis of variance, and other more advanced statistical techniques), and assist in report preparation.
- Assist in developing standard protocols, meta-data sheets, maintain meta-data, and upload data in publicly accessible databases.
- Assist in the procurement and maintenance of research equipment.
- Other related activities as requested by supervisor and project leader on need based.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Masters’ Degree in Agronomy and Soil Science or related discipline; or equivalent Technical degree requiring 5 or more years’ study.
- Ph.D. candidates will be more desirable and preferable.
- At least 5 years of experience in similar role or activities but having experience on Conservation Agriculture will be more desirable.
- Advance knowledge of statistics tools (R-software, SAS and equivalent).
- User advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in local and English language.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Achievement Orientation, Communication, Multi-Cultural Awareness, Problem Solving, Pro-Activity and Relationship with external stakeholders.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development according to the provisions of the Iranian Labor Law.
Candidates must apply online to IR17119 Regional Platforms Manager. For further information on the selection process, please contact Dr. M. R. Jalal Kamali (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Iran.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.