The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Projects Administrator in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position will be based at the Guanajuato office, located in Secretaría de Desarrollo Agroalimentario y Rural (SDAyR) at Avenida Irrigación s/n, Col. Monte Camargo, Celaya, Guanajuato, but will interact with all CIMMYT’s experimental stations and regional offices on a regular basis.
- Support in projects control since the signature of an agreement, support to accomplish the deliverables of the project, closure processes and/or renewal if applicable.
- Support activities related to plan and design, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing of projects as
- Follow up on operating documents as
- Assist in collation and analysis of project-related information, monitoring the overall scientific work plans, delivering key milestones and outputs, and other reporting obligations of CIMMYT’s programs, projects, and sub-contracts.
- Provide administrative guidance and support to the involved staff to ensure compliance with donor requirements
- Support implementation of effective communications strategies for raising awareness of CIMMYT’s and partner´s project activities and
- Assist in the review and analysis of the project’s financial/technical reports to ensure these comply with donor requirements as
- Undertake analysis of program related project information as
- Contribute to the visibility of CIMMYT’s research, partnerships, and
- Control documentation and archive files in a logical and methodological system.
- Keep track of and archive project related agreements.
- Other support tasks as required by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, or similar areas.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B1 as per CEFR).
- Excellent understanding of project design methods and tools. Ability to articulate technical metrics into practical operations, with strong conceptual and research/analytical skills.
- Excellent drafting, report writing and communication skills. Ability to summarize required large amounts of information.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and ability to work in a multinational environment and with regular interaction with public and private organizations.
- Excellent computer skills, including in MS Office software.
- Demonstrated ability in data collection, data management, and analysis.
- Experience with project management and reporting tools (MS Project).
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Time Management, Communication, Pro-Activity, Relationship with External Stakeholders, Customer orientation, Problem-Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness, Innovation, and Creativity.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18136 Projects Administrator. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, 28 February 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.