The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to the website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org.
We are seeking a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Training Coordinator.
The position will be based at Jabalpur.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- To provide technical inputs on development of training material.
- To identify Agricultural Extension Workers, NGOs, progressive farmers, farmer producer
companies/organizations for training.
- To coordinate and arrange logistics for trainings and with local farmers for practical demonstrations.
- To impart training sessions, lessons, tutorials, and practical exercises on various aspects of solar powered irrigation systems and agricultural water management to target audience along with Program team.
- Planning and execution of further training sessions on technical need basis.
- Will be responsible for recording responses and feedbacks of participants. He will also handle project reporting, maintaining database and documentation.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- M. Tech/M.Sc. in renewable energy/ irrigation management/ agricultural sciences or relevant field with minimum 4 years’ experience.
- The candidate must have experience in project management with national/international and government agencies.
- Demonstrated experience in solar irrigation, agricultural water management, capacity building and training activities will be advantageous.
- Experience of working in SPIS will be preferred.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Good presentation skills, Decision-making, Proactivity, Teamwork, Communication, and Multi-Cultural Awareness.
- Presentation and participation in international workshops and conferences is desirable.
- Experience in CGIAR institutions desirable.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT-BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Monday, June 7, 2021 to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA.
(Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Please insert Position Reference number: IN21116 in the subject of your email).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com