The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Training Administrator to Prepare and monitor course expenses, and support the preparation of the academic program of the courses in CIMMYT’s Global Wheat Program.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Coordinate the announcement of courses.
- Coordinate the selection of course participants.
- Oversee and support participants with visa applications, travel, and accommodation arrangements, as well as coordinate travel and health insurance.
- Travel to CIMMYT stations (Toluca and Obregon) for course requirements as needed.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with external institutions
- Support the preparation of the academic program of the courses.
- Oversee and administer any assessment of the courses and those done by the participants.
- Prepare and send acceptance letters, invitation letters and completion certificates to each of the course participants as needed.
- Closely interact with Knowledge Management Unit and CIMMYT Academy to ensure CIMMYT’s Learning Management System is properly populated.
- Prepare and monitor course expenses according to the assigned budget.
- Support in the preparation of the financial report at the end of the courses.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Education, Business Administration, Organizational Development, or related area.
- Basic knowledge of administrative and/or operating protocols and procedures of research support function.
- Basic Supervisory skills and experience.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Read and respond appropriately to correspondence, orally and in writing in English.
- Sufficient competency to use the standard Windows-based software for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and email used at CIMMYT with occasional assistance.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes a year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, Mexican social benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.