The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position Technical Training Manager to lead and develop technical training for CIMMYT’s trainers, SME employees and recruits in the Engineering and Manufacturing Sector.
The Technical Training Manager (TTM) will lead design and deliver technical training programs. Determine training objectives by conducting analysis of overall sector needs and specific skill or knowledge gaps. The TTM will manage the development of training programs and materials, hands on exercises and training evaluations. Establish processes to monitor results of training participants and collect feedback on training instructors to determine effectiveness and identify areas for improvement. Additionally, The TTM will assess and manage any contractors (i.e. OHS&E consultants) utilized to deliver specialized training. The TTM may manage IT, product, processes, or equipment, associated with the engineering sector and will liaise with local and regional training stakeholders, such as partner NGO training institutes, PS training centres/units and USA based universities. Reporting directly to the Project Leader, the TTM will typically manage through a subordinate training officer and training professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity.
The position will based in CIMMYT’s office in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Detect training needs and design training plans based on skills gap analyses.
- Develop capacity-building strategies with input from regional, participative consultations, and regional and national institutions.
- Identify new collaborators such as universities, research institutions, and private partners, to develop collaborative agreements to develop and achieve training plans.
- Oversee and certify technical training specialists in the delivery of high quality training.
- Coordinate product-related trainings, including presentations of new features and simulation activities in a demo environment.
- Develop new hire and trainee basic pre-employment training as per sector needs analysis.
- Identify and liaise with industry experts to organize workshops, demonstrations and classroom-style in-house training of trainers.
- Plan, schedule and execute training to support internal and external customer needs.
- Develop testing strategies to validate trainee level of knowledge. Develop testing materials and administer an effective testing/certification program.
- Set training team goals and objectives aligned with corporate goals and objectives.
- Support and/or collaborate with socio economic scientists and others in R4D activities.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- A Master’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Agriculture, Industrial) or Education.
- At least 8 to 10 years of experience in similar roles and activities.
- Development of web-based learning platforms and modern educational techniques.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical terms using simple language.
- Additional certification or registration in training (e.g. Certified Technical Trainer).
Excellent written and oral communication in English.
- Preferred Experience:
- Strong internal and external customer focus.
- Proven ability to work with a very diverse customer and employee base, especially in developing nations.
- Management experience.
- Willingness to travel internationally and domestically.
- Language skills in Spanish and Bangla, would be useful.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Multicultural Awareness, Teamwork, Strategic Thinking, Communication and Proactivity.
The position is for an initial fixed-term of three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply online to IRS19129 Technical Training Manager. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, August 30th, 2019. Applications must include a CV and a letter of interest. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo (email@example.com)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.