The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition, and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to the website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org.
We are seeking a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Technical Assistant.
The number of vacancies are 4 and will be based at Pusa (Bihar).
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Support in the execution of farmers participatory and on station demonstrations /research trials of climate-resilient agricultural practices.
- Monitoring day-to-day field activities (irrigation, fertilizer, herbicide, insecticide, etc ) and data collection of the farmers’ participatory /research trials as per the instruction of your supervisor.
- Keeping the records of input used, machinery, and other services provided by the project to the farmers in standard BISA-CIMMYT format.
- Other activities time to time assigned by your supervisor
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills, and attitudes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture with 1-2 year relevant experience or 12th with more than 5 years of agriculture-based practical field experience.
- Good knowledge of crop production techniques and the latest agriculture machinery.
- Good knowledge of the local language (Hindi) and working knowledge of English.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT-BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations, and notice period no later than Friday, November 27, 2020, to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA.
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference number: IN20162-65 in the subject of your email) Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org