The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: https://www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a proactive, innovative, and self-motivated professional for the position of Software Platform Engineer at CIMMYT. The candidate will work with a team to help deliver solutions that will benefit the mission of CIMMYT to sustainably increase the productivity of maize and wheat systems and thus ensure global food security and reduce poverty.
The consultancy will be based in Los Baños, Philippines. Please note that remote working is an option for this consultancy.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain custom software solutions for enabling product development teams to ship code to production in a secure, efficient, timely, and reliable manner.
- Help improve software quality, security, and data resilience by utilizing automation.
- Conduct code reviews and be able to provide inputs for improving code quality.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by conducting R&D with the objective of identifying and integrating industry best practices within the project.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Working experience of 1-3 years in a similar role preferably in the Non-Profit Sector.
- Knowledge of and skills in applying:
- Practical experience in software engineering and agile software development methodologies.
- Practical experience in developing backend software engineering using modern programming/scripting languages and relational database management systems (preferably PostgreSQL).
- Basic knowledge of software testing and database management.
- Working experience in implementing backend software solutions and automation scripts.
- Practical experience with UNIX-based operating systems.
- Basic knowledge of containerization technologies (e.g., Docker).
- Basic knowledge of Amazon Web Services or equivalent.
- The candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Communication, Teamwork, and Client Orientation.
The position is for an initial fixed term of eleven (11) months, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds.
Candidates must apply here for IRS22163_Software Platform Engineer, Consultant. Screening and follow-up of applications will begin on Monday, January 9th, 2023. Applications must include a CV and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo, at email@example.com
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
These consultancies will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.