The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a proactive, innovative, and self-motivated professional for the position of Software Developer to work in the Knowledge Management – Information Technologies Unit at CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Analyze, define, and translate business process technical requirements, provides solution recommendations to Business users and KMIT management.
- Participate in the optimization of administrative systems such as but not limited to; Power Platforms, Dynamics 365, among other technologies.
- Administration and support of in-house applications such as but not limited to Grants Module, SubGrants Module, Staff Evaluate application extensions of Microsoft Dynamics 365; Dynamics AX2012; write, debug development in X++ and maintain such extensions.
- Technical requirement gathering, gap analysis, understand software functionality and recommend solutions using best practices.
- Assist the admin systems team in designing, programming, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting new services.
- Design and development of financial and operational reports using SSRS, SISS and other Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools such as PowerBI.
- Administration and support of the security module of Dynamics 365 applications and in-house administrative systems.
- Administration of the Business Intelligence site and data warehouses.
- Create well-written and effective professional documentation such as solution design documents, process maps, test plans and use cases for implementation team members and business user.
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the delivery of application software services.
- Perform other duties that supervisor may assign from time to time.
Required Academic Qualification, Skills and Attitude:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years related work experience. Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365, AX 2012 Certifications: Development, Extensions and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (a plus).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform, Common Data Platforms, Microsoft Life Cycle Management DevOps.
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving decision making, Negotiation and Conflict resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M22173 Software Developer.
For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Perez (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.