The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries, focused on increasing food security and reducing poverty at an international scale. Please refer to our website for more information www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking for a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Social Research Coordinator in CIMMYT.
The position will be based in Cooch Behar, India.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the implementation of project research activities including, but not limited to implementation of qualitative and quantitative research instruments.
- Lead partner engagement with Rupantar partners and relevant stakeholders in the region.
- Lead project implementation activities and monitoring of study communities.
- Regular reporting and communication with regional team.
- Travel within the Rupantar study locations as per study mandate.
Required qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Masters in relevant area such as social sciences, rural development in the context of development with at least 2 years post masters experience with field studies related to social science research, or
- Bachelors in relevant area such as social sciences, rural development in the context of development with at least 5 years post undergraduate experience with field studies related to social science research,
- Demonstrated experience in implementing open ended, semi-structured interviews and other qualitative research implements.
- Experience working with government stakeholders and rural farming communities.
- Fluency in English, Hindi and Bengali.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical and Creative Thinking, Teamwork, Communication and Client Orientation.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 12 months, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
To participate in the process for this position, please apply online here for IN22164_Social Research Coordinator no later than Wednesday, September 21, 2022.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.