The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking for a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Social Research Coordinator in CIMMYT, to work in the Sustainable Agrifood Systems program, in the Transforming Smallholder Food Systems in the Eastern Gangetic Plain (Rupantar) Project.
The position will be based in Biratnagar, Nepal, with regional travel anticipated.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the implementation of project research activities including, but not limited to implementation of qualitative and quantitative research instruments.
- Lead partner engagement with Rupantar partners and relevant stakeholders in the region;
- Lead project implementation activities and monitoring of study communities.
- Regular reporting and communication with regional team; and
- Travel within the Rupantar study locations as per study mandate.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Required qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Masters in relevant area such as social sciences, rural development in the context of development with at least 2 years post masters experience with field studies related to social science research, or
- Bachelors in relevant area such as social sciences, rural development in the context of development with at least 5 years post undergraduate experience with field studies related to social science research,
- Demonstrated experience in implementing open ended, semi-structured interviews and other qualitative research implements.
- Experience working with government stakeholders and rural farming communities.
- Fluency in English and Nepali (Maithali/Tharu preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including gender sensitivity and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
To participate in the process for this position, please apply online here for N22162_Social Research Coordinator no later than September 30th, 2022.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.