The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a proactive, innovative, and self-motivated professional for the consultancy of Servers Administrator to support the Knowledge Management and Information Technology area.
This is a 6-month consultancy. This is a remote consultancy.
- Install configure and support physical and virtual, on-premises and cloud-based servers (hereinafter “SERVERS”), as well as related configuration items.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and report SERVERS availability and performance.
- Ensure SERVERS availability.
- Ensure the security and efficiency of SERVERS and related configuration items
- Properly document configurations, changes, and releases.
- Troubleshoot and resolve SERVERS problems and incidents.
- Manage Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Install, configure, and manage virtual machines.
- Evaluate, install, and monitor security and feature updates.
- Manage accounts on systems.
- Create and update scripts for management and applications installation, upgrades, updates and/or maintenance.
- Create documentation for new releases and/or features.
- Manage and configure SERVERS components.
- Manage Database components and configurations.
- Perform SERVERS backups and back-up restores.
- Collaborate with application administrators in the installation, deployment, upgrades, updates and/or maintenance of those applications.
- Any other related tasks as required by the supervisors of the position.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Science.
- The selected candidate must have 1-3 years of experience.
- Having experience working with Linux and Windows will represent and advantage.
- The selected candidate must show autonomy.
- Pragmatic and systematic approach with the ability to think clearly and quickly.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must have technical English Skills.
- High level of responsibility.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical thinking, Communication, Teamwork and Client Orientation.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.