The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated and service-oriented professional for the position of Risk Management Analyst that will support the Risk Management Unit (RMU) area of HR department at CIMMYT.
The position will be based at CIMMYT’s Main Campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico (located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico).
- Risk Management:
- Plan, design and implement an overall risk management process for the organization.
- Develop strategies that allow to analyze the risks that threaten the assets, the property and the people, through establishing preventive measures and control systems.
- Conduct the risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business.
- Conduct the risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organization’s previous handling of risks.
- Contribute to establish and quantify the organizations ‘risk appetite’, i.e. the level of risk the center is prepared to accept.
- Documents and ensure communication of risks.
- Support the administration of the corporate insurance plan.
- Handle mostly routine non-complex claims but may handle litigated and moderately complex claims with limited settlement authority.
- Support the head of the unit in analyzing the new of new corporate insurances across all the countries where the center operates.
- Prepare the security risk assessment of the places where the staff of the regional offices will travel.
- Collect, analyze, evaluate and disseminate security information that is shared by external institutions (United Nations, OSAC), International SOS and other open sources with regional offices, as well as employees where CIMMYT operates.
- Assist in maintaining the Security Plan and Security Risk Management Process, including updating staff lists.
- Provide safety recommendations to employees traveling in and out of Mexico when it’s requested.
- Prepare reports to communicate risk and security insights according to different audiences.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Risk Management in a discipline relevant to the position.
- More than 5 years of experience- requires in depth and/or breadth of expertise in the RM discipline and broad knowledge of the security disciplines with the function.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant administrative and/or operating protocols and policies of the function.
- Specialized knowledge limited to small field of expertise
- Experience in risk management, operations, project management, analytics, audit or a related role for a large-scale business, preferably in nonprofit organizations.
- Knowledge of CIMMYT or other CGIAR centers an asset.
- RIMS certification is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested, and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Problem Solving, Pro-activity, Teamwork and Customer Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M20154 Risk Management Analyst. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, August 19, 2020. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.