The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million under nourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to this website for more information: http://bisa.org/
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, self-motivated and service-oriented professional for the position of Bioeconomic Modelling. We are expecting the Agriculture Economist to lead the work on bio-economic modelling, adaptation planning, econometric analysis, and statistics for making informed decisions on climate risk management, climate change adaptation at the farm scale to the policy level.
The positions will be based at Delhi, India.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- To provide economic modelling support to the BISA team including leading research on bioeconomic modelling.
- Use econometrics/statistics for agricultural risk management strategies for calculating risk indicators, yield, and adaptation/mitigation options.
- Preparation and handling of large datasets, spatial analyses, and geographic information system (GIS) mapping, as and when requested.
- Document results for reports, blogs and journal publications.
- Contribute to the other activities as assigned by the supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
- MSc (or MTech) in Economics, agricultural economics, soil science/agronomy/agricultural engineering/water management/ agricultural extension or related discipline.
- At least 2 years of experience in climate change area and/or project management related to risk management/ climate change work. Should have the ability to handle and process climate data.
- Demonstrated experience in bio-economic modelling, climate data analysis, climate risk assessment and risk management etc.
- Experience of conducting trainings for stakeholders would be an advantage.
- Experience of coding in is must.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Critical and Creative Thinking, Teamwork and Client Orientation.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Monday, 30 May, 2022 to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA
(Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Please insert Position Reference number: IN22139 in the subject of your email)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com