The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to these website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org.
We are seeking dynamic, innovative and self-motivated professional with a specialization in Agricultural economics, statistics, operational research. This will be a Locally Recruited Position for the CCAFS to work within CIMMYT-BISA. We are expecting the Agriculture Economist to lead the work on econometric analysis, and statistics for making informed decisions on climate risk management, climate change adaptation at the farm scale to the policy level.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Lead the econometric and statistical analysis for the CCAFS team-especially in the thematic areas of climatic risk analysis, insurance product development and climate impact assessment activities.
- Integration of data from multiple sources, e.g., household surveys, farm trials, market information, earth observation and other geospatial data.
- Preparation and handling of large datasets, spatial analyses and geographic information system (GIS) mapping, as and when requested;
- Understand the core scientific questions and develop methodology to best address these questions.
- Provide support to the development of project proposals and reports.
- Produce peer-reviewed research articles.
- Collaboration and capacity building of national collaborators.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum Master’s degree, preferably Ph.D. or equivalent in economics, statistics, operational research, or relevant subjects related to above job requirement.
- Excellent skills in econometric and statistical analysis.
- At least 4 years of similar working experience after Master’s degree is desirable;
- Advance knowledge of econometric and statistical analysis.
- Experience in Machine Learning and R/Python is desirable.
- The candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Decision-making, Teamwork and Communication.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Tuesday, 31 August, 2021 to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference number: IN21114 in the subject of your email)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org