The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated and service-oriented professional for the position of Proposal Development Specialist that will support the effective resource mobilization at CIMMYT.
The position will be based at CIMMYT’s Main Campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico (located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico), but will interact with other CIMMYT offices around the world on a regular basis.
- Contribute analytical information, funder intelligence and global, regional and national trends, including funder and country priorities.
- Analyze and translate new concepts into innovative proposals, in collaboration with cross-disciplinary teams and partners.
- Provide guidance, review and support to a wide range of teams that develop concept notes and proposals.
- Provide advice and recommendations to Director General’s Office, Program Directors, and Project Leaders on resource mobilization, including for the preparation of concept notes and proposals, and the identification of new funders and project ideas.
- Prepare reports, papers and other knowledge documents.
- Contribute to the maintenance of resource mobilization-related databases and records.
- Foster relationship with Director General’s office, Program Directors, Project Leaders and the Communications Unit.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Graduation with a Master’s Degree from a well-recognized university in a discipline relevant to the position.
- Experience in:
- At least 5 years’ experience in resource mobilization and project management.
- Track record in taking new concepts and translating them those innovative proposals.
- Developing concept note and proposal in response to calls from a variety of funder types (foundation, Official Development Assistance country, multilateral organization).
- Proven ability to align concept notes and proposals with funders and partners goals and strategies.
- Collaborating horizontally with units within large organizations in order to implement organization-wide initiatives.
- Working in a large funder organization (e.g., foundation, Official Development Assistance country, multilateral organization) would be preferable.
- Best practices and principles for resource mobilization by non-governmental organizations.
- Best practices for preparing compelling and effective proposals.
- Other skills:
- Conceptual and analytical skills.
- Oral and written communication skills in English, with Spanish language skills desirable.
- Proficiency in various office software.
- Willing to travel as part of the work assignment.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Multi-Cultural Awareness, Customer Orientation, Proactivity and Collaboration.
The position is for an initial fixed-term of three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply online to IRS19121_Proposal Development Specialist. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, May 3, 2019. Applications must include a CV and a letter of interest. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.mx.