The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Projects Administrator to work in the Sustainable Agrifood Systems Program (SAS).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico. Please note that this is a strictly temporary position (6 months).
- Support in following up project grants of Sustainable Agrifood Systems Program.
- Assist in collation and analysis of project-related information, monitoring the overall scientific work plans, contributing to delivering key milestones and outputs, and other reporting obligations of CIMMYT’s programs, projects, and all sub-contracts.
- Follow up on operating documents as necessary.
- Support activities related to planning and design, execution, monitoring/controlling, and closing of projects as required.
- Provide administrative guidance to involved staff to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Support implementation of effective communications strategies for raising awareness of CIMMYT’s and partner´s project activities and achievements.
- Assist in reviewing and analyzing the project’s technical reports to ensure these comply with donor requirements as required.
- Undertake analysis of program-related project information as requested.
- Contribute to the visibility of CIMMYT’s research, partnerships, and impacts.
- Control documentation and archive files in a logical and methodological system.
- Keep track of and archive project-related documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, International Development, or similar areas.
- The selected candidate must have at least 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Proficiency in English, with excellent written/oral communication.
- Excellent understanding of project design methods and tools. Ability to articulate technical metrics into practical operations, with strong conceptual and research/analytical skills.
- Experience with project management and reporting tools (MS Project).
- Excellent drafting, report writing and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and ability to work in a multinational environment and with regular interaction with public and private organizations.
- Excellent computer skills, including in MS Office software.
- Demonstrated ability in data collection, data management, and analysis.
- Analytical skills and ability to summarize required large amounts of information.
- Strong level of customer orientation and flexibility, with a high level of attention to detail.
- High level of cultural sensitivity to understand the needs of all staff and partners. Ability to work under pressure and as a member of a diverse work team.
- High level of responsibility and ability to work independently, in a results-oriented workplace and often during workload and time pressure.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Communication, Creative Thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving and Decision Making and, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to M22162 Projects Administrator.
For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Perez (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.