The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated and service-oriented professional for the position of Project Management Specialist that will support the effective management of projects and coordination of grants at CIMMYT.
The position will be based at CIMMYT’s Main Campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico (located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico), but will interact with other CIMMYT offices around the world on a regular basis.
- Maintain and implement project management standards, processes, best practices and tools.
- Provide guidance and training on project management to build capacity across the organization.
- Provide direct project management support to projects, particularly in project design and planning.
- Overseeing the grant management processes to ensure standardization and quality of service provided to all programs by the grant management analysts.
- Provide technical grant and project management advice and recommendations to Project Leaders and representatives of corporate service units.
- Provide coaching and mentoring on technical grant management to grant management analysts.
- Maintain the institutional project management enterprise system
- Foster strong relationship with Project Leaders and Managers, Program Managers, Program Directors and units involved in project management across the organization.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Graduation with a master’s degree from a well-recognized university in a discipline relevant to the position.
- Experience in:
- Developing and implementing standards, processes, best practices and tools for project management in large (e.g., more than 500 employees) and complex organizations (at least 4 years).
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring staff members (at least 2 years).
- Participating in the development of project proposals and/or performance reports.
- Providing advice, guidance and training on project management to build capacity across organizations and to ensure compliance and quality control of projects.
- Providing advice and recommendations to managers (and preferably to executives) on the application of project management standards, and processes.
- Using Enterprise Systems and providing advice on their effective use and evolution.
- Project management principles and best practices for effective implementation of projects across organizations.
- Knowledge and experience managing grant regulations of large international funders
- Other skills:
- Oral and written communication skills in English, with Spanish language skills desirable.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- Proficiency in various office software
- Willing to travel as part of the work assignment
- Project Management Certification, is desirable
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Customer Orientation, Proactivity, Problem Solving, Relationship Management, People Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M20146 Project Management Specialist. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, June 23, 2020. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.