The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to this website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking dynamic, innovative and self-motivated professional for the position of Project Coordinator. This will be a Locally Recruited Position for CIMMYT-BISA. We are expecting the Project Coordinator to completely manage role as mentioned below in job description.
The position will be based in Pusa, Bihar, India.
The major activities of this position include:
- Prepare a detail project activities and execution plan as per the project goals and baseline survey outputs in consultation with project partners.
- Develop a common package of practice of different climate resilient cropping systems and new technologies to be demonstrated at farmers field.
- Support to all partners for smooth implementation of the project activities in Nalanda, Nawada, Munger, Gaya, Banka, Bhagalpur, Khagaria and Madhubani districts.
- Regular monitoring of the project activities, organizing meetings (skype/personnel) and regular reporting of overall project progress to the project steering committee chairman and supervisor.
- Develop the good liaising with the state government, universities, ICAR, KVK, NGO etc.
- Perform support activities that are required in BISA-CIMMYT, according to the instructions of the supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- Ph D in Agriculture, Agronomy/Plant breeding/Plant Protection/ Extension education or equivalent from a
- At least 5 years demonstrated practical experience in field-based cropping systems research and extension.
- Good leadership quality, ability to develop partnership network and convince researchers, policy makers to
show impact visibility of BISA-CIMMYT research.
- Excellent communication and team-building skills with good liaising in national system and local government.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Tuesday, 3 December, 2019 to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference number: IN19157 in the subject of your email).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org