The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries, focused on increasing food security and reducing poverty at an international scale. Please refer to our website for more information www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Project Assistant.
The position will be based in Ludhiana, India.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Assist in Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Organize meetings and logistics related to the research project.
- Keeps track of activities as per the projects objectives.
- Coordination with accounts for reimbursements and bills settlement.
- Compiles reports, notes for communication and assist in timely submission.
- Provide logistic/secretarial assistance to project leader for various administrative work related to project including oversight for project procurement and management of assets, inventory and other resources.
- Participate in various meetings representing CIMMYT/BISA in various form at local as well as national level.
- Communications and knowledge management by reporting program events, developing communication material and resource update.
- Travel related to logistic management and organize training.
- Any other work as assigned by the supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
- Essential: Graduate in biological science/administration/ B. Tech.
- Essential: Excellent communication skills in English.
- Desirable: M.Sc. in biological science. Project administration and financial management.
- The candidate must hold a valid driving license and able to drive vehicle.
- Good skills/experience on computer applications/IT/ project management tools.
- Demonstrated skills on knowledge management.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 2 years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Monday, 25 May 2020 to Human Resources, CIMMYT (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Please insert Position ID: IN20138 in the subject of your email)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com