The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT in Bangladesh has helped to develop scientific capabilities through collaborative research, support breeding to improve wheat and maize systems, develop and promote conservation agriculture based sustainable intensification and train both NARES scientists and farmers. Emphasis has been also given to value chain and market development, bio-fortified maize and wheat so as to offer more benefits to maize and wheat farmers recently. This has resulted in an impressive array of achievements that have helped to establish wheat and maize as the second and third most important cereal crops in Bangladesh and that has significantly contributed to the improvement of food security and livelihoods of Bangladeshi maize and wheat farmers. CIMMYT managed projects are aligned with the Government plan and schemes, therefore contributing the national food, nutrition and livelihoods agenda.
We are seeking for a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Officer Admin and Finance.
The position will be based at CIMMYT Faridpur Field Office, Bangladesh.
HR and Administrative
- Provide general administrative support, including but not limited to: executive assistance, management of correspondence, preparation of meetings (and minute taking), preparation of documentation and reports related to the project, monitoring of fixed assets, logistics and others as required.
- Maintain the office in an orderly and efficient manner, keeping office attendant and drivers actively engaged in useful work, motivating them to aspire to higher effectiveness, and conduct regular weekly staff meetings where key office functions are represented and where information is shared to enhance the quality of decisions taken, implementations of decisions taken are monitored and difficulties are identified and dealt with collegially including day to day activities and action plan.
- Monitor and support in all routine matters as requested by supervisor/field coordinators and in cases of absence, when required, in order to keep abreast of all commitments and tasks of the area.
- Programming of meeting and travel as required, including ticketing and all other logistical aspects related to travel. Also, ensure proper maintenance of project vehicle.
- Assist in all communications with other members of the organization, external stakeholders, follow up to meetings and other key issues related to the area.
- Other support tasks as required, including filing, maintain records of visitors, phone calls, teleconferences, etc.
- Keep complete inventory/records of office, farm, and lab equipment of the office. Also keep proper records of the same handed over to the partner institutions/transfer to other locations.
- Maintain Leave tracker for all field staffs and maintain staff personal (copy) file.
- Maintain Office Stationeries.
Finance & Accounts:
- Prepare vouchers, Maintain books of accounts as per project requirements and report to Dhaka office for QuickBook (or other financial systems as required), preparation of journal entries, inter-office billing, bank transactions, daily cash flow; preparation of financial reports.
- Manage Petty cash.
- Make payments for the various transactions of the office and keep detailed records and files of these transactions. This includes checking utility bills.
- Assist the external and internal auditors in accounts and compliance of statutory requirements.
- Assist RO office support team -CIMMYT in financial management and support finance and admin activities by field offices.
- Monitor fund requisition of Field offices.
- Monitor progress of all financial activities at Field offices.
- Support the achievement of projects financial objectives by anticipating requirements, submitting information for budget preparation, scheduling expenditures, monitoring costs and analyzing variances, in adherence to financial and accounting regulations.
- Liaise with Project Manager and Field coordinators, project staff (logistics, administration and procurement) and other CIMMYT staff as needed to ensure that CIMMYT project activities are adequately supported in reaching program objectives and reporting requirements.
- Provide advice to all program and operations staffs on the application and interpretation of accounting and financial rules, regulations, procedures and policies.
- Assist the technical staff and also the Administrative & Finance Manager of CIMMYT-Bangladesh to efficiently carry out their activities and to fulfill the activities/goal of CIMMYT.
- Provide all kind of supports (Admin, Finance, HR) to the collaborative partners.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor/field coordinators/Project Manager.
Required background, skills and experience:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration / accounting.
- Knowledge of Auditing, Accounting, Financial Management and budget planning.
- Knowledge on using accounting software e.g QuickBooks cloud.
- 3 years or more of experience – preferably with NGOs, CG centers or other similar programs. Preference Knowledge of IFR’s is a must. Preference will be given to those with USAID project experience.
- Requires an ability to spend extended periods outside of Field domains.
- English language required to read and understand work instructions or manuals and communicate effectively with colleagues and external contacts on routine work-related matters.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making, Communication, Team Leadership and Teamwork.
The position is for an initial fixed-term for one (1) year with a three-month initial probationary period, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, Gratuity, Contributory Provident-Fund, health and life insurance and other benefits as per CIMMYT’s HR policy.
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and CV no later than Wednesday 10 Feb 2021 to Human Resources, CIMMYT (Email: CIM-Recruitment-BD@cgiar.org) Please specify Position Name & Reference number: B20173 in the subject of your email.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to CIM-Recruitment-BD@cgiar.org