The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries, focused on increasing food security and reducing poverty at an international scale. Please refer to our website for more information www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking for a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst.
The position will be based in Patna, India.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Collect accurate data through qualitative field surveys, curate and summarise/analyse the data. Synthesize key findings/learning of the study.
- Deploy quick feedback surveys (in-person or telephonic interviews) and use of CAPI to capture experience of farmers/technology users about agricultural products and/or services they use or test. Ensure that protocol developed by M&E team is followed and timeliness is maintained.
- Tabulate/summarize the data in a way to generate early insights through summary tables and graphs. Knowledge of R-based analytics would be an added advantage.
- Design survey instruments on digital platforms, preferably ODK. Deploy, as well as guide, field team in capturing donor reporting-related indicator-linked data using ODK. Ensure that enumeration errors are minimal and reporting timeline is followed.
- Monitor data collection process of on-farm agronomic trials and demonstrations ensuring that date is timely recorded, entered and submitted in right format. Basic knowledge of field trial designs and agronomic practices of cereals would be a plus.
- Integrate datasets (of many locations and several years), appropriate curation and organize them in a way to make it readily usable. Should be very comfortable in handling MS Excel spreadsheets with large datasets.
- Generate/document learnings and insights based on qualitative/mixed methods of survey data and process learning exercise.
- Systematically store and manage project datasets of the assigned geographical domain.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by M&E Specialist related to monitoring, evaluation and learning.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree (Agriculture, Economics or related fields) with 5 years of relevant work experience, or Master’s degree with 2 years of relevant work experience, in the field of monitoring, evaluation of learning or feedback.
- Preferred – Skill sets of designing questionnaires/surveys on digital platforms (ODK, CSPro, KoBo, etc.) and knowledge of R-based data processing and analytics.
- Experience and evidence of qualitative data collection (feedback surveys, participatory research).
- This position is based in Patna, Bihar and requires extensive travel to field sites within India, mostly in the Indo-Gangetic Plain.
- Level of English language required: Communicate effectively with colleagues and external contacts on routine work-related matters.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Strategic Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making, Communication and Teamwork.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 12 months, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Kindly fill and submit the online form which is available here no later than Wednesday, 8 June, 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.