The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Centre, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager is a higher-level position based in Dhaka working closely with Team Leaders and Project Managers to ensure and oversee the MEL activities across the projects. The manager will lead Monitoring and Evaluation activities for the Cereal Systems Initiative for South Asia – Mechanization and Extension Activity, provide MEL guidance and support to and associated projects aligned the CSISA portfolio (CSISA: https://csisa.org/) and supervise a team of MEL officers working at the Dhaka and field level.
The duty of post will be Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Lead and manage the MEL team to develop and refine the integrated Monitoring and Evaluation Plan and Data Collection Tools to measure project indicators and targets and identify lessons learned.
- Take lead responsibility for ensuring consistency of the MEL system and tools.
- Ensure the data quality system all the way with full knowledge on Personal Identifiable Information (PII) ethics.
- Build capacity of project staff (both in the country and abroad) on using in the use and content of the MEL tools.
- Leading the planning, operationalizing, and implementation of the project MEL system in collaboration with the Project Leaders, Project Managers, Project teams, partners, and the MEL team (Bangladesh and Head Quarter).
- Supervise, coach, and oversee field team to increase their skill on MEL issues
- Ensure quality information flow for analytical report preparation and presentation ensuring donor compliances.
- Proactively take lead responsibility to ensure Development Information Solution (DIS) entries and respond to queries by management and/or donors.
- Take the core responsibility for updating the Field Office team on the latest update against the indicators and acting as field office MEL focal point.
- Support Project Leaders and Portfolio/Project Managers in data analysis, presentation preparation, and updating MEL Plan.
- Assist in the development and revision of the annual work plan, budgeting, and strategies for the project, and lead on all components related to MEL.
- Lead the planning, supports, and execution of the project learning document preparation and present where requires as per guidance by Project Leaders.
- Guide communications team on the preparation of bi-weekly and semi-annual and annual reports to USAID and other donors.
- Organize and lead frequent field visits to interact with the beneficiaries, local service provider, mechanics, NGO staff, Government and Private Sector field staff, civil society to verify the monitoring data and get the first-hand positive views and facts of the data.
- Act as the focal point for updating MARLO and other information as requested by CIMMYT and CGIAR.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Agri-economics/ Science/ Statistics/ Geography/ Development Studies or relevant field. Other disciplines will be considered in cases of strong demonstrated work experience.
- At least five years in a strong leadership MEL capacity supervising staff focusing on USAID-funded projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID’s Feed the Future Indicators and reporting protocols, procedures, and time requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office Package, SPPS, and GIS; knowledge of Python will be an advantage. Working experience with Microsoft Power BI is a major advantage.
- Demonstrated, practical, and in-depth knowledge of USAID’s MEL system, survey designing, complex MEL data analysis and interpretation, and FtF indicators.
- Demonstrated experience leading telephone and in-person surveys using a variety of tools.
- Demonstrated experience with Kobo Toolbox and/or ODK.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Feed the Future Indicators and reporting requirements.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Team Leadership, Critical and Creative Thinking, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Communication and Client Orientation.
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and CV no later than 18 Feb,2022 to Human Resources, CIMMYT (Email: CIM-Recruitment-BD@cgiar.org) Please indicate Position Name & Job Ref no-B22112 in the subject of your email.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to CIM-Recruitment-BD@cgiar.org