The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries, focused on increasing food security and reducing poverty at an international scale. Please refer to our website for more information www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking for a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst.
The position will be based in Patna, India.
- Manage Open Data Kit (ODK) server – developing digital survey form, uploading forms to the server, supporting ODK Collect App users, monitoring data inflow/progress, and downloading/sharing data for further use. Ensure that data quality is maintained throughout the process.
- Impart training to ODK Collect users on its deployment related to the respective survey, including sampling and data collection protocols.
- Landscape Diagnostic Survey (LDS) data management – handling the ODK server of LDS hosted at IASRI, monitoring LDS progress, downloading LDS data, curating data in consultation with concerned team members, and creating metadata sheets/files.
- Analysis of LDS and other project data for visualization, making presentation slides, sharing used datasets through Dataverse and publications.
- Collect project monitoring data against each reporting indicator applicable for Bihar and Eastern Uttar Pradesh, compile and timely submission to M&E Specialist for annual reporting purpose.
- Support extension agronomists in the collection, compilation, aggregation, and curation of agronomic field trial data. As per need, organize past years’ agronomic trial data and generate a summary report.
Required qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s degree in Agri-economics/ Science/ Statistics/ Geography or similar discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages, GIS, ODK, Kobo, and statistical analysis packages.
- Experience with survey development, statistical sampling, telephone surveys, and data analysis.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Prior knowledge of MEL system Survey designing analysis and interpretation.
- Level of English language required: Communicate effectively with colleagues and external contacts on routine work-related matters.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Strategic Thinking, Problem Solving, Decision Making, Communication and Team Work.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 12 months, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Monday, 21 March, 2022 to Human Resources, CIMMYT
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference number: IN22116 in the subject of your email)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org