The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT® (www.cimmyt.org), is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries, and through offices in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Through strong science and effective partnerships, we create, share, and use knowledge and agricultural technologies to increase food security, improve the productivity and profitability of farming systems, and sustain natural resources in developing countries. We participate in an extensive global network of people and organizations who share similar research and development goals, including the public and private sector, non-governmental and civil society organizations,
farmers, and the development assistance community.
CIMMYT is hosted by World Agroforestry (ICRAF), a member of the CGIAR that is headquartered on United Nations Avenue, Nairobi, Kenya.
We invite you to learn more about CIMMYT and World Agroforestry by accessing our web sites: www.cimmyt.org and www.worldagroforestry.org.
CIMMYT is seeking an experienced professional to support the Accelerating Genetic Gains in Maize and Wheat project (www.agg.org) project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the US Agency for International Development to implement an integrated Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Implement a monitoring and evaluation plan for a large-scale, multi-regional maize breeding program, in collaboration with CGIAR centers (CIMMYT, IITA) and partners (e.g., national breeding partners, seed companies).
- Support project implementation through the periodic provision (quarterly) of easy-to-assimilate information on implementation progress, including preliminary and intermediate outcomes.
- Ensure that M&E system responds to the needs of program donors, as well as advances program learning across contexts.
- Identify advances in implementation that should be highlighted by the project communications teams and challenges in implementation that should be addressed by program learnership.
- Assist in the development and revision of the annual work plan, and M&E strategies for the project.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- University degree in economics, rural development, project management or related field, with particular interest in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Specialized knowledge of maize seed industry in Africa.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in M&E, preferably in connection to applied international 2 development projects/programs in E. Africa.
- Familiarity and experience with project management concepts, particularly Logical Frameworks and progress indicators.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Strong analytical skills and ability to process both quantitative as well as qualitative information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including gender sensitivity and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams as well as to develop strong and effective working relationships with partners.
- Ability to travel and undertake fieldwork in rural conditions.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Proficiency to use standard software at an advanced level. Typically, this would include minor programming using macros, mail merge, designing customized reports, developing audio visual presentations.
Terms of offer:
- This is a Locally Recruited Position. ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for a period of 2 years with a 6 months’ probation period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Nairobi, Kenya.
Send your application to: http://worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf/vacancies Applications will be considered until 06 September 2021. CV and Cover Letter should be in PDF and Labelled with the applicants First and Second Names. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the job requirements will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com