The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Mechanization Research Assistant to work in the Sustainable Agrifood Systems Program.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Provide operational support to the activities of the LATAM Mechanization Team in SAS, including farmers trainings, design sprints with workshops, and interaction with relevant stakeholders to meet the requirements of projects portfolio in coordination with chapter
- Elaborate and establish experimental trails for agrotechnical evaluations of agricultural machinery, technologies, and innovations with development of data capturing protocols and logistical plans.
- Develop and investigate research questions related to agricultural mechanization and the opportunities within and beyond the SAS LATAM Mechanization Team project portfolio.
- Contribute to project reports, impact analyses and peer-reviewed publications through scientific writing and editing, and produce own scientific contributions including structured literature reviews and original work.
- Prepare background briefings, overviews, and presentation material based of the SAS LATAM Mechanization Team.
- Contribute to design and development of agricultural machinery prototypes, including sensor-embedded systems and unmanned autonomous vehicles.
- Develop research and development project proposals related to agricultural mechanization issues in Latin America.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Masters’ degree in a relevant subject area (f.e. agricultural engineering, agronomy research, farm machinery design, scaling of innovations, while degree in automation or mechatronics is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in research area related to agronomy, farm mechanization, innovation of tools.
- Adequate level of competence in oral and written English and Spanish.
- Computer literacy in standard Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use 3D design software (AutoCad, Solidworks).
- Ability to perform statistical analyses and use programming software (R, phyton).
- Driver’s license and willingness to travel for work.
- Demonstrated experience in the drafting of international peer-reviewed publications.
- Competence in administrative and operational tasks in academic institutions.
- Ability to setup research plots and manage data collection for machinery evaluations.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M22192 Mechanization Research Assistant.
For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Martin Sandoval (M.LEM@cgiar.org)
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.