The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Maintenance Manager to coordinate the staff of the maintenance area in carrying out Works at the Center and all its research stations and ensure the proper functioning of equipment and facilities.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Coordinate construction and renovation projects at CIMMYT, through contractors in Mexico, complying with current regulations.
- Verify that the different stages of the construction and renovation projects are correlated with the established planning.
- Provide support and advice to construction and renovation projects.
- Ensure that the maintenance and repair work carried out at the Center comply with established standards and regulations.
- Responsible for the CIMMYT HQ when the facilities manager is out.
- Walking the center to identify and solve issues on the facilities with the proper specialist.
- Knowledge in electricity, ups, transformers, emergency plants, solar panels, refrigeration chambers, HVAC, plumbing, and boilers.
- Supervise maintenance staff in carrying out work at the Centre and all its research stations.
- Guidelines/instructions issued by OHS (Operational Health and Safety) and Risk Management.
- Monitoring and optimization of utility consumption.
- Maintenance support of the Security systems and special equipment.
- Contract manager for external services.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Degree in civil engineering or a similar/related field.
- Advanced knowledge of the relevant administrative and/or operational protocols.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested, and the candidate should score a minimum of Cl on CEFR.
- Required software: AutoCAD, Office.
- Proven experience in having a high number of personnel in charge of technical levels.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Decision-Making, Relationship Management, Strategic Thinking, Customer Orientation, and Time Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law, our package of benefits includes a year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, Mexican social benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M22215 Maintenance Manager For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Martin Sandoval (M.LEM@cgiar.org)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.