The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Legal Assistant to work in the Legal Department under CSP (Corporate Services Program).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Provide efficient and timely administrative support to staff and consultants allocated to the Department, in all aspects of administrative work such as but not limited to, making expense reports, processing payments, travel arrangements, advances, accommodation and documentation, reporting of activities, etc.
- Coordinate the arrangement of the Department’s meetings, events, courses and workshops, including the oversight of the meeting rooms assigned to the Department, ensuring their optimum use.
- Liaise with different areas to process the requests for services, purchases and maintenance of furniture/equipment and requisition of supplies required by the Department.
- Keep track of the vehicles assigned to the Department to monitor maintenance needs, checks and other required processes.
- Processing, archiving, scanning, and safekeeping of the documents generated in the Department such as contracts, agreements, financial reports, correspondence and other relevant information/documentation.
- Assist in the contract life cycle process initial intake and signature process of contracts and agreements with different entities.
- Update, and curate the central repository of legal documents.
- Prepare documents, letters, and reports necessary for the reporting if the performed activities.
- Support the update and submitting of dashboards.
- Maintain appropriate communication with other Departments, Units and Programs and provide support for their immediate supervisor in assigned activities.
- Perform administrative controlling tasks (receipt, verification and follow up of documents).
- Collaborate in filling out forms.
- Execute any other tasks as assigned their supervisor to contribute the achievement the objectives of the area.
- Set up and keep minutes of the internal client meetings.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Administration, Accounting or related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar role or activities.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Decision-Making, and Achievement Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19135 Legal Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, March 21, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.mx.