The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries, focused on increasing food security and reducing poverty at an international scale. Please refer to our website for more information www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking for a dynamic, and self-motivated professional for the position of Lab Technician. The position will be supervised by Soil Borne Diseases Program Leader (or program supervisor assigned by Program Leader) for his/her daily activities and will directly report to this position.
The position will be based in Eskişehir.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Assisting in screening SBP-CIMMYT Turkey program activities under different environments (laboratory, growth room, greenhouse, field) in Eskisehir.
- Assisting in preparation seed nurseries.
- Field preparation for planting, sampling, and trials daily maintenance.
- Trial harvest, nematode extractions.
- Assisting in any SBP CIMMYT related activities.
- Assisting inoculum preparations.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- High school/ Vocational Highschool diploma in agriculture area.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in agriculture.
- B type driving license.
- Military service completed.
- Biocidal application certificate.
- Able to be flexible in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required.
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Communication, Critical Thinking and Client Orientation.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year with a probationary period of 3 months. The further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Candidates who are interested with the position are requested to provide their CV with a Cover Letter and Reference List no later than Monday, 26 July 2021 to CIMMYT-Turkey, (Email: Cimmyt-Turkey@cgiar.org)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
To apply for this job email your details to Cimmyt-Turkey@cgiar.org