The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Laboratory Research Technician to assist through the application of lab research techniques according to the project assigned.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Execute laboratory work such as collection, characterization, and maintenance of fungal pathogens, inoculum preparation, DNA extraction, molecular marker diagnosis, and mycotoxin contamination evaluation.
- Execute greenhouse work, such as wheat disease experiments at seedling or adult plant stages, fungal virulence experiments, and seed multiplication..
- Participate in field and warehouse work related to wheat pathology.
- Participate in the collection of agronomic data of crops using measurement instruments assigned to the unit.
- Participate in seed preparation work.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Master’s of Science degree in Plant Pathology, Agronomy, Molecular Biology, Phytotechnics, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of the English language to communicate orally on daily routine matters and to prepare brief reports or complete forms without assistance.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Basic knowledge of administrative and/or operational protocols and procedures of the research support function.
- Sufficient proficiency to use standard Windows-based word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and email software used at CIMMYT.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law, our package of benefits includes a year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, and social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M22193 Laboratory Research Technician.
For more information on the recruitment process please, contact Valeria Galicia (email@example.com)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.