The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to the website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org.
We are seeking a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Junior Research Fellow.
The number of vacancies are 2 and will be based at Pusa (Bihar) and Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh), India (one at each location).
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Management of wheat breeding trials which includes: field layout, seed preparation, sowing, fertilizer and weed management, harvesting, threshing and seed storage.
- Co-ordination with other project staff of CIMMYT/BISA in ongoing wheat trials.
- Recording of disease data from the trials as per the instruction by supervisor.
- General data analysis of data collected in the field.
- Compile reports, notes for communication and assist in timely submission.
- Assist in taking care of scientists and visitors from India and abroad to the research station.
- Attend working visits to other CIMMYT /BISA field trials and/ or research stations.
- Assist in organizing meetings and logistics related to the research project.
- Assist in procurement of project consumables and equipment whenever required.
- Verify that equipment and facilities are in good operating condition and assist in maintenance.
- Any other work as assigned by the supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Genetics and Plant Breeding/Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics /Life Science.
- At least 6 months of work experience; One year of experience would be an advantage.
- Desirable: The candidate having NET qualified will be preferred.
- The candidate must hold a valid driving license and able to drive vehicle to commute themselves.
- Good skills/experience on computer applications/IT/ project management tools.
- Good knowledge on Project Management Tools would be an advantage.
- Good oral and written Communication skills in English.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 2 years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT-BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Kindly fill and submit the online form which is available here. Vacancy no. IN20142 is for Pusa and IN20143 is for Jabalpur no later than July 19, 2020.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.