The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Internationally Recruited Staff HR and Global Mobility Manager to work in the Human Resources area, being responsible for the effective management of the policies and procedures related to the administration and maintenance of the international assignment of CIMMYT Staff and the coordination of all related processes throughout all of CIMMYT’s locations.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Manage all global assignments of CIMMYT’s international staff, consultants, interns and trainees.
- Act as an HR generalist and execute all HR administrative services for international assignees, including but not limited to: the recruitment, onboarding, support through the period of employment, the issuance of offer letters, contracts, review of payroll incidences and all payments, budget monitoring , application of relevant policies, relocation, insurance enrollment and staff support, etc.
- Ensure that the global mobility policy and framework is understood and compliant with applicable regulations and consistent application of HR policies and procedures.
- Maintain accuracy of all HR data for Internationally Recruited Staff in the HR Information System.
- Liaise with external payroll and benefits administrator to ensure accurate payroll administration, in coordination with the CIMMYT-HR
- Payroll area.
- Support recruitment efforts in ensuring effective job opportunity advertisement on internal and external sites and link with head hunters. Also conduct HR interviews as necessary.
- Liaise with research program management, internal corporate service units and third party providers, as required, on coordination of the global mobility process, including: immigration, relocation, finance/accounting, and regional\local HR. Ensure that accurate and timely responses are provided to an array of complex circumstances.
- Supervise Staff assigned to the IRS administrative team, and coordinate with HR Management team members to resolve major issues as they arise.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master degree in International HR Management, Expatriation Management, HR Administration or related field of study (Compensation and Benefits, HR Development, etc.);
- 5-7 years of relevant international human resources, global mobility and expatriate management experience required;
- Exposure to various cultures and legislative systems;
- Ability to understand and deal with location-specific international assignment issues in support of overall strategy and operational efficiency;
- International employment and taxation awareness, and proven application of appropriate solutions;
- Ability to connect and establish effective, cross-cultural working relationships with all levels of the organization and externally, driving a global mind-set;
- Ability to foster a customer-focused climate that delivers on expectations and strengthens relationships; Certification or proven experience in HR Project Management;
- Creativity and willingness to develop new models and approaches;
- Experience working for Not-For-Profit International Organizations;
- Excellent command of English and Spanish is a plus; and
- Excellent computer skills.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Decision-Making, Relationship Management, Problem Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity and Teamwork.
The position is for an initial fixed-term of three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply online to IRS19124_IRS HR and Global Mobility Manager. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, June 10, 2019. Applications must include a CV and a letter of interest. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo (email@example.com)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.mx.