The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Internal Audit Manager under the supervision of the Internal Audit Director, to objectively evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk management and control systems at CIMMYT headquarters and in regional operations.
The position would be based in either Mexico, Zimbabwe, or India.
Providing Assurance- planning, monitoring, and quality review of Assurance engagements:
- Actively participate in the development of a risk-based annual, medium-term, and long-term internal audit plan.
- Complete and supervise assurance and advisory engagements, reviews, investigations, and other work assigned.
- Participate in the conduct of special investigations into cases of alleged fraud.
- Produce high-quality, value-adding audit reports.
- Reporting on progress to the Audit, Finance, and Risk Committee, and Management.
Maintaining a high-performing Internal Audit Unit – improvement and innovation
- Ensure consistent development and implementation of the Assurance approach and strategy.
- Act as a lead on various projects or actions to implement the IAU improvement plan.
- Provide coaching and guidance to the teams that undertake the various assurance engagements.
- Prepare and monitor the IAU budget to implement the Annual Workplan.
- Maintain high quality work standards and remain up to date with the evolution of standards and practices
Management support and learning
- Ensure that relationships with all clients/ auditees remain strong, through effective networking.
- Make effective recommendations to management on how to improve the control framework and manage risks.
- Facilitate the sharing of learning.
- Providing independent advice regarding appropriate levels of internal control.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or related designation.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible professional experience in audit or related field is required..
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and the candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- Demonstrated knowledge of auditing principles, practices and techniques and the requirements of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Working experience in audit with an international organization is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with major donors is required.
- Experience in the analysis of complete sets of data to identify anomalies and trends is required
- Understand scientific research controls and experience in auditing research science management processes.
- Proven experience or willingness to travel for work in the regions where CIMMYT operates.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes a year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M22196 Internal Audit Manager, no later than Monday, November 14th, 2022
For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Valeria Galicia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.