The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Mid-level Intellectual Assets Legal Assistant to work in the Legal Department under CSP (Corporate Services Program).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Provide Intellectual Asset-related research, administrative and general Legal Department support.
- Support contract lifecycle management, and provide technical assistance.
- Conduct online research in international, regional and local Intellectual Property databases (including patent and trademark resources).
- Manage curation of a database of CIMMYT agreements and other documents at Headquarters and Regional Offices; maintain a high level of support for stakeholders requiring input, search, and update data and information.
- Manage and track a high volume of tasks and projects.
- Maintain Intellectual Assets calendar with meetings, filings, and reports required by stakeholders; follow-up with contributors to meet established deadlines; maintain related documentation.
- Support preparation of IP reports.
- Draft legal correspondence, memos, and other documents as necessary.
- Prepare, manage, organize, and maintain Intellectual Asset related records.
- Establish a database of nonstandard Intellectual Asset commitments and restrictions; manage database search function.
- Record minutes and other meetings related to Intellectual Assets; prepare IA team trip reports for distribution.
- Update the Legal Department’s annual work plan document with input from task owners.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a paralegal or legal assistant, including skills in the management, organization, and control of contract and IP legal records, OR a minimum of 2 years of University coursework in the field of law, library science, history, or other field requiring research, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated solid level of data input, database searching, curation, and other skills, as necessary (and willingness to become proficient).
- Familiarity with legal and other types of research, including a demonstrated ability to identify and communicate issues concisely
- A basic understanding of Intellectual Assets and the methods for seeking their protection (i.e., patents and copyrights) is an advantage.
- Experience in the management and tracking of contractual commitments
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Native or excellent English and Spanish speaker; other languages are a plus. (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- Proficient computer skills (at a minimum: Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat) the willingness to learn/master other database programs and software as necessary.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Willingness to learn new topics in IP and other fields of law relevant to CIMMYT.
- The candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Proactive, Communication, Problem Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness/ Sensitivity, Teamwork, Time Management, and Collaboration.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law, our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, Mexican social benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19156 Intellectual Assets Legal Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, April 22, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.mx.