The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Information Systems Officer to work in the Sustainable Agrifood Systems Program (SAS).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Lead the activities of the programming team
- Programming of the components of the web and mobile information capture and analysis systems
- Development and optimization of information systems from front end and backend
- Management of existing servers and architecture in Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud
- SQL query programming for data extraction and report generation
- Support in the documentation of the developed products
- Technical support of mobile applications developed in Android
- Testing of the developments carried out
- Recommend software solutions using best practices.
- Assist the information systems coordinator in the design, programming, testing, implementation, maintenance and support of new products/services.
- Carry out the activities of the area assigned by his immediate superior.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computing Engineering, Computing Systems, Informatics or related.
- The selected candidate must have at least 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Intermediate level in English, with good written/oral communication.
- At least 3 years of experience in Java programming, PHP, AWS infrastructure, UX/UI design
- Professional with strategic and purposeful thinking.
- Good management and optimization of time.
- Knowledge of methodologies and techniques for software development,
- Demonstrated ability in data collection, data management, and analysis.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Communication, Creative Thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving and Decision Making and, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M22154 Information Systems Officer.
For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Alonzo Gomez (email@example.com)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.