The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is looking for an internationally recruited Industrial Engineer to join our CSISA MI project for agriculture mechanization and light engineering development in Southern Bangladesh.
The primary purpose of this job is to boost the competitiveness and efficiency of domestic and private sector led light engineering in agricultural machinery manufacturing, assembly, use, and servicing. Specifically, develop ways to increase productivity, maximize efficiency, and manage all resources more effectively.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Identify, define and evaluates opportunities for improvement utilizing community development and change concepts, such as Business Retention and Expansion (BR&E) and Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) model.
- Design layout of equipment and workspaces to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Study and rearrange material flow and operations sequence.
- Co-development and application of industry OHS&E standards for SMEs and larger firms.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities across the Value Chain.
- Identify cross function problems and processes. Lead and coach project team members, trainees and organization employees on resolutions.
- Lead and champion value improvement in the project with the ability to influence managers and senior leadership team.
- In partnership with US based consultants, develop and conduct related training programs for private sector employees.
- Actively deploy and coach target organizations on relevant Principles and Behaviors.
- Assist US based consultants in financial planning and cost analysis.
- Evaluate effects of process change and make improvements.
- Collaborate with US based consultants, jointly mentor trainees, and project team members.
- Perform other related functions as required by project management.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering or closely related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in a related field. Experience working in a developing environment preferred.
- Experience with capacity development activities. Effective designing and devising training modules.
- Ability to design, document and control layouts for facilities, lines and workstations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to carry out work measurement, apply line-balancing techniques and develop standardized quality outputs/work.
- Use of software and related techniques to model/predict the impact of proposed changes.
- Proficient in the Use and Understanding of DFMA and tools. Develop the concepts of DFMA for selected organizations, mentor and coach future DFMA Agents.
- Identifies, defines and evaluates opportunities for improvement utilizing business retention and expansion (BR&E) initiatives and integrated Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) model.
- Uses DMAIC roadmap and demonstrates integrated and effective tool use.
- Experience in Project Management and usage of Project Management Tools.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite and Visio software.
- Considerable knowledge of the Autodesk Software Collection (AutoCAD+).
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Bangla (preferred), Spanish, or Chinese is highly regarded.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Teamwork, Decision-Making, Relationship Management, Problem Solving and Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity.
The position is for an initial fixed-term for three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply online to IRS19125 Industrial Engineer. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 12 July 2019. Applications must include a CV and a letter of interest. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.mx.