The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is looking for an outstanding, self-motivated, and result-oriented professional for the position ICT4D Specialist to work in the Sustainable Agri-food Systems (SAS). The selected candidate will coordinate and enhance public-private partner engagement for digital innovation. The holder of this position will contribute to both bilateral projects in Latin America requiring digital service enhancement for agri-food systems and ONECGIAR initiatives including Harnessing digital technologies (DX1) and AgriLAC Resiliente.
The position will be based in CIMMYT’s campus in India, New Delhi.
- Design, enhance and/or guide the development of ICT platforms and processes that enable knowledge outreach leading to informed decision-making.
- Work with and built capacities of digital service providers and local farmer organizations.
- Engaged and liaise with multi-sectoral local and/or international partners and implementing agencies.
- Contribute to understanding gaps and opportunities for digital ecosystem development.
- Lead the development of the south-south collaboration lab within the DX1 initiative.
Required qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Advanced degree in computer engineering, information systems, knowledge management, or related fields.
- ICT4D and Knowledge Management for innovation expert with at least 5 years of hands-on practice in conceptualizing, developing, and implementing technology-based solutions that enable information access and facilitate service delivery leading to sustainable development and climate risk reduction. Experience working as part of teams that develop and roll out ICT-based initiatives to monitor and enable service delivery in development interventions.
- Creative and critical thinking, problem solving, concept development, conflict resolution, moral and ethical reasoning, and analysis.
- Frequent contact and coordination of external consultants, staff and regional teams.
- The selected candidate should exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Teamwork, Critical Thinking, and Client Orientation.
The position is for an initial fixed-term for two (2) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, car, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual home travel airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply online for IRS22134_ICT for Development Specialist.
Screening and follow up of applications will begin on Friday, September 9th, 2022. Applications must include a current CV and a structured cover letter responding individually to each of the “Required qualifications and skills” listed above. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.