The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of HR Generalist to work in the Human Resources Unit, under the Corporate Services Program.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Responsible for the execution of all HR administrative services related to the Staff and consultants of the assigned portfolio/client group, throughout the Staff / Consultant contract period
- Manage and keep current personnel files as per the assigned programs: staff biography, leave, benefits and entitlements, and other support documentation.).
- Ensure that the onboarding and the offboarding process is carried out in accordance with internal procedures and processes and Federal Labor Law.
- Prepare letters for IMSS (Permanent Authorization Letter, Letter of Disability Pre-Natal and Post-Natal, etc.), INFONAVIT FONACOT.
- Support the implementation and adoption of the HR modules of CIMMYT’s HR Management system (Dynamics HRM) within the countries which includes but is not limited to ensuring the gathering and entry of all the required HR data in the System.
- Support in all aspects of recruitment and selection for staff, in accordance with the process used by the organization, from the analysis of personnel requisitions to hiring.
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job boards/newspapers/colleges etc.
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within the schedule
- Provide guidance to units and areas in the execution of various training activities.
- Contribute to the documentation of capacity-building processes.
- Provide general administrative, logistical, and organizational support to the HR Department, including but not limited to: preparation of documentation and reports related to the area; drafting and reviewing reports and contracts; operating databases, personnel files, staff biography, leave, benefits and entitlements, regular reporting and data capture as required.
- Ensure all dimensions of HR information systems are up to date and with high levels of attention to detail and maintain personnel files and employee data base as required.
- Provide other support as required and perform other duties directed by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Psychology, Human Resources or related area.
- The selected candidate must have at least 3-year experience in human resources activities, personnel management, training, organizational development, or related.
- Proficient computer skills (at a minimum: Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat) and willingness to learn/master other programs and software as necessary.
- Highly desirable advanced level of English. English will be tested, and the candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality, and discretion.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Creative Thinking, Communication, Client Orientation, Teamwork, and Problem Solving and Decision Making Negotiation, and Conflict Resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law, our package of benefits includes a year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, and social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.