The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of HR Coordinator to work in the Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS) HR unit of the Human Resources Department.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Coordinate the execution of all HR services related to the Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS) and consultants of the assigned portfolio/client group, throughout the Staff employment period; Provide overall expertize and support to the Global Mobility and IRS Manager in guiding and responding to queries from IRS in the interpretation of HR policies and procedures especially related to IRS compensation and benefits.
- Act as a business partner with the Programs, assisting in the definition of staffing strategies for IRS.
- Prepare budget analysis and employment packages.
- Ensure the correct preparation of offer letters, employment contracts.
- Review payroll incidences and benefits payments.
- Coordinate the on and off boarding processes for the assigned programs and support Staff throughout the relocation process.
- Actively contribute to recruitment processes as requested in coordination with the recruitment team.
- Ensure accuracy is maintained for all IRS data in the Human Resources Information System with high level of attention to detail.
- Ensure personnel files are kept updated at all times, including but not limited to staff biography, leave, benefits and entitlements, and other support documentation.
- Contribute to the continuous process improvement of HR processes and automation needs to improve efficiency and effective of the service delivery of team members.
- Support the implementation of salary changes in relation to yearly salary review, merit adjustment, promotion, transfer etc.
- Implement policies in strict compliance with the applicable HR policies and relevant regulations. Propose process improvements where possible.
- Support Management in the revision of all IRS related HR policies.
- Supervise the team members assigned.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in International Human Resources, Business Administration, International Business or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role or activities.
- Desirable knowledge of International benefits and procedures for expatriate personnel.
- Experience in an administrative environment, with excellent organization skills.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Problem Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Communication, Pro-activity and Teamwork.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19184 HR Coordinator IRS Expatriate Administration. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, 21 May 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Jocelyn Alvarez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.mx.