The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Global Head of Fleet to work in the Global Logistics and Supply Chain unit.
The Head of Fleet is responsible for handling all facets of fleet activities for the organization’s fleet in Mexico and all its locations around the globe. This assigned responsibilities include vehicle acquisition and disposal, maintenance scheduling, managing drivers, negotiating with suppliers, management of global fleet database, compliance of institutional policies and so on.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Develop and Negotiate master agreements with suppliers.
- Budget responsibility for the P&L of the Global Vehicle Framework.
- Develop Capital Expenditure proposals for replacement of the Global Fleet. Prepare lease/buy proposals.
- In collaboration with procurement, execute efficient procurement operations for global fleet.
- Report to management on KPI Metrics for the unit’s performance and metrics on the Fleet utilization.
- Carry out the inventory of supplies for the mechanical workshops in house services.
- Supervise inventory of tools and machinery of the mechanical workshop.
- Validate security points of institutional vehicles protocols.
- Supervise diagnostics for repair / preventative maintenance in internal workshop or external vendors.
- Authorize services with external providers in accordance with DOA.
- Focal point with external providers and Internal Users (clients).
- Supervise performance of Mobility Services.
- Periodically visit stations for Quality Checks.
- Propose and Implement operational improvement for Unit Transactional Operation.
- Any other duty assigned by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in transport engineering, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience in similar roles or activities, ideally gained in both private and Non-For-Profit environments.
- Demonstrated working experience as Fleet Manager.
- Record of successful accomplishment in fleet management or related field.
- Experience in operating in a matrix-style management.
- Knowledge of best practices on Fleet Management as well evolving trends/needs.
- Experience in Fleet and ERP systems.
- User advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.) Experience with MS Dynamics is highly desirable and will represent an advantage.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- The candidate must exhibit confidentiality, discretion, sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Decision-Making, Relationship Management, Strategic Thinking, Customer Orientation and Time Management; in addition to these competencies, selected candidate should demonstrate the following managerial competences: Change Management, People Management, and Relationship with External Stakeholders.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M20167 Head of Fleet. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, December 23, 2020. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.