The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Germplasm Bank Auxiliary to collaborate in the implementation of GG-CE for all Germplasm Bank´s processes.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico. Please be aware that this is a full-time, strictly temporary position of 6 months.
- Inventory relabeling in both collections.
- Updating and characterization of accessions in the GG database.
- Identify processes, detect opportunity areas and apply actions to improve them.
- Collaborate in the implementation of GG-CE for all Germplasm Bank´s processes.
- Improvements in all SOPs and ISO documentation.
- Improvements in all Gene bank SOPs and documentation.
- Identify opportunity areas and apply actions to improve the whole process’s efficiency.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related field.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar area.
- Having knowledge of the English language is an advantage
- Sufficient competency to use the standard Windows-based software for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and email used at CIMMYT with occasional assistance.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Organization, Critical thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem-Solving and Decision Making, Negotiation, and Conflict Resolution.
Candidates must apply online to M23122 Germplasm Bank Auxiliary. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Valeria Galicia (email@example.com)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.