The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking for a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Financial Analyst/Finance Coordinator.
The position will be based at CIMMYT’s office in Delhi, India.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Accounts Payables: processing of timely payments to suppliers based on complete supporting, documentations and received approvals, advances (including monitoring and follow-up outstanding balances staff), petty cash, consultant payments, sub-grant and processing of expense claims.
- Invoicing CIMMYT-BISA and reconciliation with HQ outstanding Loan balance.
- Establish and maintain system of internal controls over financial reporting and compliance.
- Bank accounting, processing journal entries, GL account reconciliations.
- Salary payroll and reconciliations.
- Processing hub/site expense liquidation reports & guiding hub staff for necessary correction and day-to-day operation, processing hub/site fund transfer.
- Support to supervisor for Quick Books Consolidation and submission to HQ.
- Execute month-end checklist and controls, handling monthly Imprest advance.
- Statutory compliance (financial statements/regulatory) with support from external service provider, follow up/manage internal and external audit financial observations.
- Determination right level of accounting provisions for HR termination benefits/gratuities and earned leave, including actuarial calculations from external service providers.
- Bank relationship management, Liaisioning with Reserve Bank of India.
- Establish and maintain Branch office compliances.
- Direct and Indirect Tax compliance (Include GST and Excise).
- Supervise annual fixed assets “physical to book verification” done by admin team and execute fixed assets reconciliations.
- Monitoring visits to hub/sites to review financial documents and internal controls. Random physical verification of fixed assets.
- Visitng partner’s (sub-grant) for financial review of grants.
- Training and capacity building of hub/site/partner’s staff.
- Seeds and Consumables valuations.
- Crops in field valuations.
- Preparation of Financial statements.
- Other tasks as assigned.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent qualification in Finance with atleast 3 years of experience.
- Experience in operating accounting software, good knowledge of Quick Books would be preferred.
- Knowledge of Indian Statutory, applicable laws/ taxation, regulation and prevalent practices in International NGO sector.
- Ability and willingness to travel to different project sites.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent inter-personal, communication, networking and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated skills in office computer use – word processing, spreadsheets.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Monday, 18th February 2019 to Human Resources, CIMMYT (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Please insert Position Reference number: IN19114 in the subject of your email) Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com