The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Financial Analyst to develop the economic and financial analysis of the institutional investment projects, to provide real data on returns and risks, and with that appropriate decisions can be made.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Review of proposal budgets with emphasis on Costing guidelines issued by CGIAR, policies, and guidelines at the institutional level, and donor regulations.
- Review Donor Receivable, ensure timely preparation of donor billings and make certain that outstanding balances are legitimate and recoverable.
- Based on the information provided by Donor Relation and Fundraising Support (DFS), timely and accurate upload of project budgets in the financial system.
- Review of budget versus actuals and recommend ways to address any discrepancies, problems, unacceptable variances, or trends.
- Provide agile responses to queries from Project leaders and Program Financial managers on financial data reflected in the system.
- Ensure timely preparation of accurate Financial Reports for submission to Donors, internal and other users in compliance with Institute standards, signed agreements, and CGIAR policies.
- Close out project accounts (ICC and Accounts receivable) upon project completion.
- Report to Program Support Manager summarized results of financial review projects, e.g. Dashboard.
- Provide support to donor-specific audits, internal audits, and external audits as required.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Graduate of any 3-year course, preferably business management, accounting, or administration.
- Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Fluency in the use of verbal and written English language. English may be tested, and the candidate should score C1 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality, leadership, and accountability.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical thinking, Creative thinking, Teamwork, Communication, Analytical Skills, Problem Solving and Decision Making, Effective Communication, and Conflict Resolution and Negotiation.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.