The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to the website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org.
We are seeking a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Financial Analyst.
The position will be based at Ludhiana, Punjab, India.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Accounts Payables: processing of timely payments to suppliers, advances (including monitoring and follow-up outstanding balances staff), petty cash, consultant payments, sub-grant and processing of expense claims.
- Establish and maintain system of internal controls over financial reporting and compliance.
- Bank accounting, processing journal entries, GL account reconciliations, Salary payroll and reconciliations.
- Processing hub/site expense liquidation reports & guiding hub staff for necessary correction and day-to-day operation, processing hub/site fund transfer.
- Support to supervisor for Quick Books Consolidation and submission to HQ and execute month-end checklist and controls, handling monthly Imprest advance.
- Statutory compliance (financial statements/regulatory) with support from external service provider, follow up/manage internal and external audit financial observations.
- Establish and maintain Branch office compliances.
- Direct and Indirect Tax compliance (Including GST and Excise).
- Preparation of monthly Fixed Assets Register and computation of Depreciation. Supervise annual fixed assets “physical to book verification” done by admin team and execute fixed assets reconciliations and monitoring visits to hub/sites to review financial documents and internal controls. Random physical verification of fixed
- Visiting partner’s (sub-grant) for financial review of grants and Training and capacity building of hub/site/partner’s staff.
- Seeds and Consumables valuations and Crops in field valuations.
- Receive and keep track of all accounts, payable journals and ensure all accounting records affect the correct ledger accounts and categories as per the type of expense.
- Perform monthly update of accounts payable balances including cancellation of outstanding transactions.
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statements and other monthly reconciliations.
- Assisting in timely closing of books and submission of closing documents.
- Perform close follow up to payment requests and purchase orders that may be incomplete or with some inconsistency to clarify and achieve the payment of all liabilities.
- Create new supplier accounts into QBO and Farm ERP and confirm payment details to suppliers.
- Perform follow up to prepayments to suppliers and review supporting documentation for closing them.
- Invoicing CIMMYT-BISA and reconciliation with HQ outstanding Loan balance.
- Determination right level of accounting provisions for HR termination benefits/gratuities and earned leave, including actuarial calculations from external service providers.
- Bank relationship management, Liaising with relationship managers to resolve the banking related issues.
- Preparation of Financial statements.
- Providing support for implementation of Farm ERP Software etc.
- Keep track of the file cabinets that contain all the accounting documentation received in the central file, according to the consecutive number assigned by the system.\
- Update a database that contains all the information of the existing documentation inside the file room and archiving the same.
- Provide support to audits and participate in other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Performing all other the task which may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Required qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Graduate in Commerce or Business Administration from a reputed institution with minimum 5 years of experience in finance, accounting, and Taxation.
- Experience in Development Sector/Not-for-Profit organizations will be an added advantage.
- CA Inter/CMA Inter candidates will be given preference.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Sound knowledge of all relevant laws and statutory legal requirements
- Well versed with Quick Books, MS Office packages and other accounting software packages.
- Capability to work under pressure and to manage multiple priorities
- Necessary skills to learn quickly and flexibility to adapt to changing needs.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical and Creative Thinking, Problem-Solving, Communication and Teamwork.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT-BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
To participate in the process for this position, please apply online here no later than Monday, August 29, 2022. For more information on the process please e-mail Human Resources, CIMMYT-BISA (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.