The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a non-profit, international public research-for-development organization. CIMMYT addresses challenges encountered by low-income farmers in the developing world including food and nutritional insecurity, environmental degradation, economic development, population growth and climate change in collaboration with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking an experienced professional as Finance Manager/Finance Coordinator.
The duty of post will be Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Responsible for the financial management and accounting functions of Regional Office CIMMYT Pakistan.
- Develop, document update, and implement appropriate finance policies and procedures for CIMMYT Pakistan and provide periodic training and awareness sessions to all staff regarding the zero-tolerance policy of finance irregularities.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local regulatory laws and tax legislations.
- Coordinate with government bodies as required.
- Ensure appropriate financial controls are in place.
- Coordinates Internal and External Audit engagements and coordinates the follow up of Audit recommendations with the in-country process-owners.
- Deliver high quality finance services (Accounts Payables, Accounts Reconciliation, direct and indirect tax declarations and funds requests and funds disbursements) meeting customer satisfaction and internal control procedures.
- Monthly reporting of consolidated expensed to HQ.
- Works in close collaboration with the Country representative to coordinate and oversee all finance and related operations in liaison with CIMMYT head office.
- Prepare and /or review monthly financial reports (expenditures and budget-actuals variance analysis).
- Support the achievement of financial objectives by anticipating requirements, submitting information for budget preparation, scheduling expenditures, monitoring costs, and analyzing variances, in adherence to financial and accounting regulations.
- Directly supervise and mentoring finance staff in country to ensure optimal financial support.
- Coordinating financial activities with the CG centers/partners in the spirit of One CGIAR as needed.
- Reviewing partner/collaborators funds disbursements and utilization reports and recording the same in accounting package.
- Review of Financial reports due to donors of the Projects.
- Review and sign off on payroll and payment request for payroll taxes and social security contributions and prepare payroll reconciliation.
- Monitoring of the annual physical inventory for the Projects Fixed Assets and Equipment and ensure that the accounting records are updated accordingly.
- Manage fund requirements for the Projects.
- Implements country wide ERP (enterprise resource planning) software with the corresponding change management transition plan.
- Help CR and other scientists/Technicians in preparing subgrants and fund tracking systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor and CR.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting, CA or CPA accredited.
- Knowledge and experience of, Accounting, financial management and budget planning.
- Proven supervisory, analytical and accuracy skills and experience.
- 5-7 years working experience in similar job – Requires conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures within a discipline.
- NGO/INGO/International Organization working experience preferred.
- Level of English required: Communicate effectively with colleagues and external contact son routine work-related matters.
- Ability to work without daily assistance and minimum guidance.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Problem Solving and Decision Making, Critical Thinking, Communication and Teamwork.
To apply for this position P22185, please apply online here https://cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com/forms/p22185-finance-coordinator/ no later than 17 Oct, 2022.
Incomplete applications (without CV and cover letter) will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.