The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (known by our Spanish acronym Centro International de Mejoramiento de Maize y Trigo, or CIMMYT) in Bangladesh as an International Organization. CIMMYT’s core business in agricultural research and training and is recognized globally as an International Public Organization (IPO) and is part of CGIAR, or Consultative Group on International agricultural Research, that also includes the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), the International Food Policy Institute (IFPRI), and WorldFish, among others. With our partners, CIMMYT envisions a world with healthier and more prosperous people – free from the threat of global food crises – and with more resilient agri-food systems.
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Centre, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
The posting place: Dhaka, Bangladesh
A finance assistant provides assistance in maintaining financial records. Selected candidate is responsible for updating financial spreadsheets, preparing worksheets, and reviewing and reconciling bank statements. Also responsible for preparing a balance sheet, updating financial records, and processing invoices.
Main duties and responsibilities
Finance & Accounts:
- Prepare vouchers, Maintain books of accounts as per project requirements and report to Dhaka office for QuickBooks (or other financial systems as required), preparation of journal entries, inter-office billing, bank transactions, daily cash flow; preparation of financial reports.
- Manage Petty cash.
- Initiate payments for the various transactions of the office and keep detailed records and files of these transactions. This includes checking utility bills.
- Assist the external and internal auditors in accounts and compliance of statutory requirements.
- Assist RO office support team -CIMMYT in financial management and support finance and admin activities by field offices.
- Monitor progress of all financial activities at Field offices.
- Assist the technical staff and also the Administrative & Finance Manager of CIMMYT-Bangladesh to efficiently carry out their activities and to fulfill the activities/goal of CIMMYT.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor/field coordinators/Project Manager.
Required qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration / accounting.
- Knowledge of Auditing, Accounting, Financial Management and budget planning.
- Knowledge on using accounting software e.g QuickBooks cloud.
- Adequate supervisory skills and experience.
- 2 years or more of experience – preferably with NGOs, CG centers or other similar programs. Preference Knowledge of IFRS’s is a must. USAID project experience will be given Preference.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Teamwork, Critical Thinking and Communication.
To participate in the process for this position, please apply online here for B22142_Finance Assistant, no later than Wednesday August 10th, 2022. For more information on the process please e-mail Human Resources, CIMMYT (Email: CIM-Recruitment-BD@cgiar.org)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.