The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to the website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, and self-motivated professional for the position of Finance & Admin Assistant.
The position will be based in Pusa, Bihar, India.
- Maintain day to day accounts of the organization.
- Maintain the vouchers and related documents like records for cash, receipts and payments.
- To issue the sale invoice to the customers.
- Timely updating of accounting records i.e. Bank accounting, processing journal entries, GL farm account reconciliations.
- Ensure timely payment to vendors, staff advances and claims.
- Maintain book of accounts in accounting software.
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statements and other reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring full compliance with regard to IT Act, PF, GST, labour Act etc.
- Timely closing of farm books and submission of closing documents to HQ.
- Execute month-end checklist and controls.
- Guide farm staff members for the procedures to be adhered as per the finance policy.
- Handle and update of the monthly cash book.
- Establish and maintain system of internal controls over financial reporting and compliance.
- Manage internal and external audits. Ensure implementation of audit recommendations at farms.
- Liaise with local bank & other authorities.
- Raising Funds Request to Delhi office.
- To review the asset register prepared by the operational assistant with the books of account on monthly basis.
- Monthly review of log books for vehicles.
- Monthly review of the reconciliations prepared by the operational assistant.
- To review the quotes and comparative statements prepared by the Operational Assistant before sending the same to HQ for issuance of Purchase Order.
- To review the Labour records/ other supporting documents verified by the Operational Assistant before sending the same to HQ for processing the payments.
- Prepare the Consumables valuations.
- Maintaining and providing leave records to HR, assist in on boarding and Off boarding of employees at site office.
- Prepare the Crops in field valuations.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Commerce/ business management with 3 years of experience on NGO accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and sound communication skills to effectively communicate within and outside the organization to collect and consolidate relevant financial data.
- Knowledge on the general financial policies, procedures, vendor management, compliances.
- Well versed with Quick Books, MS Office packages and other related software packages.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a range of tasks.
- Ability to learn quickly and flexibility to adapt to changing needs.
- Knowledge of Income Tax and other compliance is added advantage.
- Ability to work independently, has a sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Team Work, Communication and Client Orientation.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Interested candidates must apply online here for IN22166_Finance and Admin Assistant, no later than Sunday, September 18, 2022. For more information on the process please e-mail Human Resources, CIMMYT (Email: email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.