The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Field Research Technician to support lab and field activities in wheat physiology, in trials under different environments (drought, irrigation, and heat). Assistance is needed to evaluate, monitor, and process the large amounts of materials and data generated to achieve Wheat Physiology goals. This is a full-time temporary position of 6 months.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Norman E. Borlaug, Km. 12. Cd. Obregón Sonora.
- Supporting field activities such as seed preparation, sowing, crop management, and harvest for trials sown under different environments.
- Support on data collection on physiological traits under field conditions, to contribute to the objectives in Wheat Physiology projects.
- Perform sample collection in the field and processing in the physiology laboratory, following the established protocols.
- Supervision of temporary workers and protocols implemented for the evaluation of different traits.
- Data curation and preparation of database for analyses.
- Reporting data to managers/supervisors
- Driving cars travel to other CIMMYT experimental stations, and managing equipment could be needed, depending on the particular activities.
- Other duties related to wheat physiological traits were assigned by Supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology, Plant Science, Agronomy, Biology or related fields .
- The selected candidate must show an advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- The position requires being suitable for work in field conditions, and compliance with established standards.
- Having English Skills would represent an advantage.
- The selected candidate must be a responsible, punctual, orderly, and honest person.
- The candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving decision-making, Negotiation, and Conflict resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.