The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Executive Assistant to the Director General to work in Director General’s Office of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Manage the Director General’s calendar, including scheduling meetings, appointments, speaking engagements, and travel (may include domestic and international) arrangements. Exercise discretion in committing time and evaluating needs.
- Organize and prepare for meetings, including gathering documents and attending to logistics of meetings.
- Coordinate high level meetings, including book rooms, catering, putting together dossiers or packets, and mailing each member in advance of the meeting. Maintain various records and documents as needed.
- Gather and communicate, when needed, the objectives, agenda, support documentation and all relevant information for objectives to be met.
- Maintain various records and documents as needed.
- Respond to inquiries from various internal and external parties for the purpose of providing information and/or direction, including:
- Phone calls: Screen incoming external phone calls and forward the phone call to the appropriate person.
- Prepare and send invitation letters, letters of acknowledgement, condolences, regrets, etc.
- Attend meetings, take minutes, capture major takeaways, and ensure follow-up when needed.
- Discuss and schedule invitations to high-level events and visits, coordinate transport and schedule in calendar. Otherwise, forward request or invitation to appropriate personnel as indicated.
- Prepare and/or review official documents for signature.
- Work with the Units and the Programs for appropriate archiving of signed documents and agreements.
- Supervise and ensure timely renewal of passports, driver licenses, car insurance, car verification, and car service.
- Respond to incoming calls and requests and providing personal attention to Director General’s visitors.
- Providing support regarding issues related to meetings by ensuring materials are organized and printed out, maintaining confidentiality and discretion. As well as to provide assistance during the meetings on last minute requests, changes or contingencies.
- Liaison between CIMMYT and visitors as needed. Identify and inform to the relevant people as needed.
- Supervise the DG’ Office Assistant(s), Admin Coordinators, Office boy and staff as needed.
- Transcribe source material, prepare documents, reports, tables and charts; distribute as appropriate.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, International Relations or Techincal Studies as Executive Secretary or similar.
- The selected candidate must have at least 5 years of experience working as an Executive Assistant for Director General or General Managers.
- The selected candiate musth shown excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to liaise and negotiate with other colleagues with a high level of responsiveness and awareness.
- The selected candidate must have experience in the preparation of relevant and timely management information including the use of visual information.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication. Ability to prepare charts, minutes, official documents with a great focus in attention to detail.
- Advanced level in MS Office, with special remark in Outlook, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- The selected candidate must have the ability to work independently, to prioritize and to plan.
- The selected candidate must be proactive and flexible, able to deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must show ability to work with different nationalities, as a member of diverse work team.
- Advanced level of English (written and conversational). English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving decision making, Negotiation and Conflict resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M22174 Executive Assistant to the Director General.
For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.