The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not -for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated candidate for the position of Bus Driver to be based in our Southern Africa Office in Harare, Zimbabwe. This is a nationally recruited position and is open to all Zimbabweans with excellent academic records and relevant experience. The position is responsible for transporting staff and goods in an efficient manner to the intended destinations. The incumbent may be required to travel to countries within the region.
- Transport people and materials according to the instructions of the supervisor.
- Provide shuttle services for CIMMYT Zimbabwe staff and CIMMYT visitors to any destinations assigned by the supervisor.
- Provide delivery services for mail, messages and other documents.
- Facilitate clearance of goods and vehicles for export and for travel to countries in the region.
- Ensure assigned vehicles are serviced on time and vehicles are in a clean state.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- A minimum of 5 Ordinary Levels is a must.
- Clean Class 1 Driving License and a valid Defensive Driving Certificate are required and a must for this job.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a not-for-profit organization or related organization.
- Ability to communicate and relate effectively with staff at all levels.
- Understand basic written and oral English. Ability to complete basic forms and reports.
- Knowledge of local languages such as Shona and Ndebele.
- Ability to use e-mail and read GPS.
- The selected candidate must be able to demonstrate the following competencies: interpersonal skills, Communication, Teamwork, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
How to apply
To apply for this position Z22214, please apply online here no later than Thursday, 10th November 2022. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.